Chronic health issues such as autoimmune diseases, digestive issues, or hormonal imbalances, are a prevalent concern, often impacting quality of life and resulting in long-term medical intervention. In our current conventional health care model, it's common for people to see a variety of specialists, each focused on a specific health problem. This approach places more focus on symptom management (which often yields short-lived results), as opposed to addressing the root causes that perpetuate these health problems (which can truly lead to lifelong health solutions).
At LEAD Wellness, we believe in a truly holistic and integrative approach to healing the root causes of health issues, focused on empowering clients to achieve health optimization and independence. We use our 5 Pillars of Health-- Nutrition, Detox, Hormones, Movement, and Mentorship-- and individualize these essential elements of health to help clients reclaim their body, mind, and life!
There is a reason these 5 pillars are the essential elements of health. Here’s a breakdown of how each contributes to sustainable, long-term healing.
1. Nutrition. This may seem obvious, as this single pillar often has one of the largest impacts on our overall health. Nutrition is defined as the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth. Oftentimes, however, the food we eat is doing the exact opposite of promoting health.
Food can either be poison…. or it can be medicine.
Mother Nature has truly given us everything we need through natural, whole foods-- but after taking one look in the grocery store, the lines can become blurred. With so much conflicting information on the internet and social media, it’s not surprising that we often have no idea what foods are truly medicine. The truth is, no single diet or way of eating works for everyone. The goal is to find what works for your individual body. Of course, the fact remains that whole, unprocessed foods are key.
2. Detox. Now, I know what you’re thinking… maybe an image of bitter wellness shots, or strange equipment with prongs and pokes come to mind. Although those things may serve their purpose, this is not the type of detox we’re referring to! The truth is, our body accumulates toxins from the food we eat, the air we breathe, the medication we take, and so much more. By gently detoxing the body through powerful supplements and whole food nutrition, we provide ourselves with a clean slate that is essential for digestive and gut health, balanced hormones, inflammation control, and immune system support.
3. Hormones. Our third Pillar of Health is often improved very naturally once the first 2 Pillars are implemented, but it also may require special attention. By understanding the function of our hormones, we can understand the absolute importance of having them work optimally. Hormones are chemicals that coordinate different functions in your body by carrying messages through your blood to your organs, skin, muscles and other tissues. These signals tell your body what to do and when to do it. Having balanced hormones makes a huge difference in alleviating even some of the most stubborn symptoms, like weight gain, belly fat, bloating, fatigue, and menstrual pain.
4. Movement. This will likely not come as a surprise! Movement can consist of any activity that gets your blood flowing, your heart rate up, and your endorphins activated. Not only does our physical health depend on physical activity, but so does our emotional and mental health. There are so many types of movement we can do, and while strength training and light cardio are a great start, movement must be individualized for mind and body. What truly matters is consistency and commitment to movement because you enjoy it!
5. Mentorship. Have you ever heard the phrase, “It takes a village?” Mentorship is vital to success, and unfortunately, it’s missing from far too many wellness programs. It is essential to connect with like-minded, inspiring individuals that support you along your wellness journey. Healing is not linear; having the support to help you troubleshoot and problem-solve is imperative to success! Being part of a community that will encourage you, empower you, and celebrate your wins with you will set you up for long-term success.
These 5 Pillars of Health can lead to true, sustainable changes, and none of these can exist without the others. We believe that the key to health success is incorporating these Pillars into a sustainable system that is individualized and applied to each unique person to create and maintain true, long-lasting change.